Another botanical study.
A flower bud from a viburum bush. In a few weeks the bush will be leafed out and in full bloom:
Virginia Creeper Tendrils. Some of these tendril shots work better in mono.
53 focus stacked exposures.
A flower from a peace lily.
In the fall of 1975 I had just moved to Ann Arbor when a girl walked into my dorm room with a plant in her hands. "I don't like it here and I'm leaving and need someone to take care of this plant. It needs light and water," she said. And with that she handed me a peace lily.
The plant is big and beautiful today. It (or its progeny) have been in my homes and offices over the years. it flowers on a schedule that only it knows, and today it burst out in with several of these blooms. So here is a photo of one of them.
Pentax K1, A*200mm f4 macro, 54 exposures in 3 stacks, pixel shift resolution. I can't begin to enumerate the false starts, missteps and general screw ups that occurred as I worked with this today. But there are several more flowers opening so I can work and learn with them in the next few days.
A red flower snatched out of a boquet...
A botanical study of a tulip blossom... They aren't blooming here in Michigan yet (at least not in my yard) so I swiped this from a bouquet. It's starting to wilt a little...
This is a stack focused composit of 72 images.
Yesterday I took a break from studio macros and spent some time outdoors with the Holga. A small path into a windbreak between two snow covered corn fields revealed this spot:
Another botanical study: