In the fall of 1975 I had just moved to Ann Arbor when a girl walked into my dorm room with a plant in her hands. "I don't like it here and I'm leaving and need someone to take care of this plant. It needs light and water," she said. And with that she handed me a peace lily.
The plant is big and beautiful today. It (or its progeny) have been in my homes and offices over the years. it flowers on a schedule that only it knows, and today it burst out in with several of these blooms. So here is a photo of one of them.
Pentax K1, A*200mm f4 macro, 54 exposures in 3 stacks, pixel shift resolution. I can't begin to enumerate the false starts, missteps and general screw ups that occurred as I worked with this today. But there are several more flowers opening so I can work and learn with them in the next few days.
My lilac bush is tarting to bud out - leaves only at this point - and here is a macro shot of some of the leaf buds:
About 1.5x lifesized, made with Pentax DFA 100mm f2.8 macro on extension tubes. (I'm lucky to have a set of K mount extension tubes that have full contacts so that all auto modes are present with A, F, FA and DFA lenses.)
This is made form 55 files stacked in Zerene tsacker - 2 separate stacks that were combined in Photoshop. This image wa smade from out of camera JPG's. I also shot raw files and converted them using th eSIlkyPix raw file converter supplied with the camera, but the stacked images displayed some subtle aberrations (well - "smudges" better describes it) in the white space around the image. Hopefully with practice I'll get adept at using Silkypix in order to unleash the full detail contained in the iamge. As it - this image at full resolution show far more detail than I can see in the subject, even with effective 10x magnification.
Continuing with studio botanical studies... the cap from an acorn.
Pentax K-1, D FA 50mm macro reverse mounted on extension, 100 images focused stacked in Zerene Stacker (2 combined stacks.)
I realized that the version of Adobe Camera Raw that I use does not seem to support pixel shift resolution in Pentax K-1 files. (I'm using ACR v 9.1.1 in Photoshop CS6, K-1 raw support was added to ACR v9.5.1). So I used in camera JPG;s for this image. The level of detail is pretty good but I could probably be upped a bit more working with RAW files as the source.