Closeup of Virginia Creeper tendrils:
Another botanical study - a goldenrod gall:
Continuing with studio botanical studies... the cap from an acorn.
Pentax K-1, D FA 50mm macro reverse mounted on extension, 100 images focused stacked in Zerene Stacker (2 combined stacks.)
I realized that the version of Adobe Camera Raw that I use does not seem to support pixel shift resolution in Pentax K-1 files. (I'm using ACR v 9.1.1 in Photoshop CS6, K-1 raw support was added to ACR v9.5.1). So I used in camera JPG;s for this image. The level of detail is pretty good but I could probably be upped a bit more working with RAW files as the source.
Two small trees left standing...
Ultrafine Xtreme 400, D76 Stock
Not sure what this flower is - or was. I found it in the barren February fields. Possibly an aster?
Shot at 1.5x lifesized. Pentax K-1 in pixel shift mode with DFA 50mm macro.
Maple seeds in still life.
These are my first experiment using pixel shift resolution with the Pentax K-1. It does seem to up the level of detail significantly.
Continuing to work on in-studio botanical studies. Here is a pair of photos of a dried rose leaf - top and bottom.
I'm considering displaying them as a diptych, maybe something like this:
On a technical note, both images were made using focus stacking with each being a composite of approximately 50 combined images.
I just delivered two pieces that were accepted into the 2017 West Michigan Area Show at the Kalamazoo Institute of Art. The opening reception is March 3, 2017 and the exhibit closes on May 28.
My two accepted entries for this year: